The simplest and cheapest way to get extremely detailed and DYNAMIC sounding acoustic rock drums into your musical endeavors. The VSTi plug and plays in any of the major DAWs. Just unzip the archive into your plug-in folder and you are good to go. No complicated installation or unnecessary registry entries !
- Crisp, nuanced sound thanks to pristine recording and editing
- Large number of velocity layers (upto 32) & truly random round robins (always 4)
- Comes with basic MIDI grooves or you can play on an e-kit (oh the response !)
- 64 bit VSTi with Direct from Disk Streaming ensuring efficient use of your RAM
- 16 stereo output channels available. Includes Reaper template !
- No FX on the samples so YOU can process to your liking
- At U$D 39.95 its a steal !
All the drums were expertly played and recorded by Scott McLean, a muso of musos whose impressive resume speaks for itself. All the drum sample editing and programming was done by Suleiman Ali.
KICK : Ludwig 14″x22″ Kick drum (1968)
SNARE :Ludwig 5″x14″ Jazz Festival Snare drum (1965)
TOM 1 : Ludwig 8″x12″ Tom Tom drum (1969)
TOM 2 : Ludwig 9″x13″ Tom Tom drum (1969)
TOM 3 : Ludwig 14″x14″ Floor Tom drum (1969)
HI HATS : 14″ A Zildjian New Beat Hihats
CRASH 1 : 15″ A Zildjian Thin Crash
CRASH 2 : 17″ A Zildjian Thin Crash
RIDE 1 : 17″ A Zildjian Ride
RIDE 2 : 20″ A Zildjian Ping Ride
The final samples were mixed down to stereo with a modern rock sound. There is NO processing or effects on the samples so they are harmonically rich and can be coaxed via EQ etc to sound like anything you want.
Overhead mics : AKG C451b (stereo factory matched pair).
Close mics (also called “spot” mics):
Snare: Top head and bottom head: Shure SM57.
Toms: Sennheiser MD 421 II.
Kick: AKG D112.
36 Kick Drum
37 Snare : Side Stick
38 Snare : Tight
39 Snare : Loose
40 Snare : Rimshot
41 Tom 1
42 Hi Hat : Closed
43 Tom 2
44 Hi Hat : Pedal Closed
45 Tom 3
46 Hi Hat : Open
47 Crash 1
48 Crash 2
49 Ride 1
50 Ride 1 Bell
51 Ride 2
52 Ride 2 Bell